A beautifully decorated abode is within reach for anyone. Just because you are on a tight budget should not deter from refreshing the abode with great redecorating ideas that can cost next to nothing. Have fun with the challenge of decorating the living room for less than $100.
A new floor plan using existing furnishings will instantly create a fresh decor.
Without spending a dime you can simply swap around the furniture to create an entire new appearance for an old room. Steal items from other rooms to use in the living room as new furnishing.
- Play with new floor plan ideas on paper before you begin moving furniture around.
- Open up a room by keeping the sofa but getting rid of a large chair or loveseat and swapping them for two lean chairs stolen from behind the dining table.
- Try moving a console table from a wall to behind the sofa.
Paint is like a magic trick that will create a new decor with the flash of a brush.
Yes painting the entire room can get costly, but one can easily paint an accent wall in a trendy color to frame a sofa or dress the fireplace wall. With just a can of paint and creativity the living room can be dressed up in new fashion.
- Accent one wall, the ceiling, or the trim by simply applying a new color.
- Paint an old ugly lamp, change the shade and make it new.
- Turn a worn table or cabinet into a new piece of furnishing with the swipe of a paintbrush.
Add new excitement to the room with pattern.
Pattern can brighten a dull decor by adding new interest and excitement. Whether on the walls, or furnishings and accessories a pattern can cost effectively be a new welcome addition to freshening up the living room.
- Keep the wallpaper cost down by only applying it to one wall or use the ceiling as a fifth wall to make a unique statement.
- The old sofa becomes a new piece of furnishing simply by adding new throw pillows in trendy patterns and colors.
- Add a new area rug in a lively pattern to the seating area.
- Change out a boring white lamp shade with a lovely patterned shade.
- Turn an old piece of furniture into a designer piece of art by painting it in a fun pattern such as a plaid, argyle or floral.
Turn vintage finds into new designer furnishing.
Decor can be crafted from interesting discoveries. Sift through the attic and basement for item that have been forgotten and can be turned into new beautiful decor. Have fun visiting the yard sales and thrift shops, and even items tossed at the curb can be transformed into beautiful decor for way under budget.
- Grandpas old vintage suitcase can be now used as a one-of-a-kind end table.
- Stack interesting books to instantly create a table by a chair.
- An old dresser can be transformed into a media cabinet for the living room.
- Use pages from old magazines, coffee table books and even newspapers to mat and frame inexpensively to decorate the walls.
Simply by redecorating the windows will add in new light and thrills to an old living room.
Heavy and expensive drapery does not equate to having a designer room. The windows are the eyes out to viewing the world so by keeping them simply decorated one can bring the beauty of the outdoors in to add to the decor.
- Keep windows simple with plain blinds in a wood tone or white that can be purchased readymade for standard sized windows.
- Dress the windows with store bought standard sheers flowing from the ceiling to the floor. For privacy add an inexpensive roller shade behind the lovely sheers.
Remember that for a true designer look furnishings should not match but instead blend together, so creating a beautiful room for under $100 can be fun, easy and creative. Dress up a room for a new trendy look with exciting accessories and color. Add flowers and plants to bring in a bit of natural color and scents.
Money does not buy beauty; create your own decorative splendor and never be afraid to dance!
Show me your support and subscribe to this blog! Sign in under email subscription at the top of the column on the blog’s right side.
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design,Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.
Be sure to follow me on my twitter page!
Like my Facebook page!