Big, bright, bold, and beautiful are the fashion statements for today’s decor. People are longing to make a change as the economy stays depressed. The decor is making a bold statement in order to pave the way perhaps to raise the hopes of a brighter economic future.
Color and patterns are in, in a big way!
Color can make a powerful statement
Do not be afraid of color; a brightly painted room can add excitement to your day.
- Paint an accent wall behind a sofa in a bold red or green, or even a dark chocolate. Then bring the color into the rest of the room with the accessories.
- Paint opposite walls in different colors.
- Colors can be mixed but not hues; bold colors and pastels do not work well together.
Bold patterns are big
- An accent wall dressed in a wallpaper with a huge repeat will be sure to add a statement to a room.
- Upholster a chair in a large pattern to appear as if a piece of art.
Mix and match patterns
Have fun mixing flowers with plaids or stripes. Throw in some geometric with a traditional pattern. Be sure to keep the patterns in the same tones of color. Bolds should be kept with bolds; pale colors should be kept with pales.
- Think three when mixing designs; you do not want to overwhelm the room with too much pattern. Keep your mixing to a choice of three different patterns.
Patterns can make a neutral statement in a bold way
Not into color then use large neutral patterns to create an accent wall or to dress the entire room.
- Sneak a bit of color with the accessories that can easily be changed with your mood or the seasons; pillows and throws in different colors, textures, and patterns can add instant thrills to the decor.
Look forwards to a brighter future by adding some boldness to the living space. Happiness in the abode’s decor will incite you to have a happy day. Enjoy life and never be afraid to dance!
Show me your support and subscribe to this blog, sign in under email subscription at the top of the column on the blog’s right side.
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design,Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.
Visit weberlifedesign.com for further inspired professional design and lifestyle advice!
2 thoughts on “Using colors and patterns to add new excitement to the abode’s decor”
Hi, I love the black and white decal the shown in the picture over the table. Do you know where can I find the Black and white ceiling pattern? Thanks