Although achieving a new bathroom is not always in the budget there are ways to renew the bathroom’s decor simply by painting and remodeling the existing bathroom vanity. There are some beautiful techniques one can do to achieve a fresh look without breaking the bank.
With some patience and work one can have fun being creative to make an old vanity new again.
Wooden vanities can be easily reinvented with stain and paint. Make sure to remove all of the hardware before beginning the project.
- Simply sand down an old worn finish and stain with a new color or clear coat for a renewed appearance.
- Paint an old vanity with a neutral color for a calm new look or add a bold color for new excitement. Consider painting with two colors using a coordinating color to paint molding or doors.
Add some whimsy to the decor with a vanity making an artistic statement.
- Paint a fun geometric design on the vanity in diamonds or a checkerboard pattern.
- Use the doors as a canvas for a mural.
- Faux painting techniques can hide uneven and old surfaces.
Place the vanity as the center of a theme for abode’s bathroom.
- Paint the bathroom vanity to appear as if lovely fish are swimming within the beauty of the underwater landscape.
- Use the nautical colors of red, white, blue, and yellow to paint a color blocked vanity reminiscent of the Partridge Family bus.
- The bathroom is often referred to as the library, since the abode’s throne is often used as a place to catch up on reading. Carry on the theme by using the method of decoupage by applying pages of books or newspapers to the surface of the vanity. Make sure that it is finished off with a few coats of polyurethane to keep the vanity safe from water.
With a small budget and a little elbow grease the existing bathroom vanity can be easily transformed into a new masterpiece with help from Rust-Oleum.
Rust-Oleum has a wonderful product, Rust-oleum Cabinet Transformations that turns what is old into new again. ” With Rust-Oleum’s groundbreaking Cabinet Transformations® system, you can easily and affordably renew your existing cabinetry”.
As the company website states and numerous folks have attested to “There’s no stripping, no sanding and no priming. In fact, Cabinet Transformations® is so easy, in just a few simple steps anyone can create the custom look of a new, factory-like finish on existing cabinets.”
After completing the cabinetry transformation, use Rust-Oleum Countertop Transformations to complete the vanity with the do-it-yourself coating system that refinishes the counters into a beautiful granite look without the high cost of stone.
Complete the “new” vanity with new hardware and faucet sets.
- Purchase new drawer and cabinet pulls to replace the old ones. Find whimsical fish pulls or pretty glass knobs.
- A new faucet set will complete the update of the vanity. Whimsical drain stops can be purchased to resemble a starfish or shell sitting in the center of the sink.
Be creative with the bathroom. Paint the bathroom walls to frame the new vanity. Coordinate the renewed cabinet with a new shower curtain and window treatments. Add some new towel bars to match the new faucet set. Show off your creative side with the bathrooms rebirth and never be afraid to dance!
Show me your support and subscribe to this blog! Sign in under email subscription at the top of the column on the blog’s right side.
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design,Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.
Be sure to follow me on my twitter page!
Like my Facebook page!
Visit weberlifedesign.com for further inspired professional design and lifestyle advice!