Ceiling fans are not just the utilitarian choice of the past. Our grandparents strictly used the fans for their cooling purposes and did not worry about how they looked. With the common use of air conditioning, fans now are used as an extra benefit to assist the ac on a hot day or to bring a cool breeze in when the windows are open on a cooler evening.
I personally love the feel of the breeze that a ceiling fan affords and the wonderful new designs are endless.
Traditional ceiling fans have an average of 5 blades, though some might have only three or four, or as much as six.
- Industrial fans of the past are now chic as ceiling fans giving the décor a sleek industrial look.
- The three bladed fans lend an art deco appearance.
- Fans with blades, resembling large leaves, add a tropical flair to the abode.
- Wicker blades bring the days of plantation living home.
- Blades crafted from sail cloth fabric are perfect for the beach themed room.
- Themed fans look like toys on the ceiling in the children’s rooms or playrooms.
- A Twin fan can really work a room.
- Fans in multiple colors will add fun to the kid’s playroom.
- A dainty pink fan with a pretty light will fit perfectly in with the little girl’s bedroom.
- Beautiful fans are designed with the blades opening up to appear like a flower.
- Beautiful traditional looking fans add the elegance of a chandelier with shades and crystals.
- Two bladed fans will lend a breeze with a contemporary flair.
- Fans can be found that are made from sustainable resources such as bamboo.
Modern day ceiling fans cool down a room as a beautiful decorative accessory; and many do double duty as a lighting fixture.
There are folks who dislike fans because they worry about excessive dust, but do you not have to dust any ceiling light fixture? There are even fans with retractable blades that hide away when not in use. Ceiling fans present the opportunity to cut the energy costs of needing to run the air conditioner constantly. Remote controls make the use of fans very easy; no more reaching up for a cord or having to get up from bed or the sofa to adjust speeds or to turn them off or on.
A cool breeze will lull you off to dreamland. Feel the wind, turn up the music and forget the day’s worries. Never be afraid to dance!
Show me your support and subscribe to this blog, sign in under email subscription at the top of the column on the blog’s right side.
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design,Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.
Visit weberlifedesign.com for further inspired professional design and lifestyle advice!