Unique fashion for the décor will make an impression on guests as they arrive. Being dressed to impress is most prevalent living in metro suburbs, such as Long island, where striving to be and have the best is imposed on everyone, from school children working to get the top grades, to adults having the coolest automobile.
Distinctive fashion does not have to be equated with a large monetary sum.
It is impressive when the décor is a one-of-a-kind artfully created design that pops out as people enter a room.
A wonderful way to achieve an exciting and distinct décor is through repurposing items that have been forgotten or found in various locations:
- Garage and yard sales
- Tossed in the garbage
- Thrift stores
- Stored away in the attic
- Dollar stores
Different sized and shaped baskets can be repurposed into so many design elements to decorate the abode:
- Stack picnic baskets to create an end table or night table.
- Take a larger basket and place bunt feet or casters on the bottom and a fashion a top to create a side or bunching table.
- Add interest to a wall by covering it with baskets in different patterns.
- For continuity paint all of the baskets in one color to have in bookcases for storage.
- Repurpose an old dresser with new paint; replace the drawers with baskets for a fresh design.
- Roll towels up to be kept neatly in a basket displayed in the bathroom.
- Turn a basket into a pretty planter.
- A metal basket can be turned into a pendant light.
Leftover Easter Baskets can be reused for décor purposes as well
- Colorful Easter baskets work great to keep crafts on shelves in the kids’ rooms or playroom. You may want to cut handles off.
By repurposing an object you are not only achieving a wonderful new interior design for your living space, you are giving back to the environment by saving another item from ending up in a landfill.
Have fun hunting for fun baskets to create with. This can be a great family activity for when the kids are home from school. Be inventive repurposing items into a beautiful décor that will be dressed to impress anyone entering the abode.
Always be on the hunt to learn and never be afraid to dance!
Show me your support and subscribe to this blog, sign in under email subscription at the top of the column on the blog’s right side.
Visit weberlifedesign.com for further inspired professional design advice!