Viewing the beautiful kitchens of designer homes in magazines and on TV have become teasers to us with the thoughts of having our own dream kitchen. Although you may never be able to attain the magnificent kitchen of your dreams there are some ways to make your abode’s kitchen more comfortable and friendly, creating needed space and beatifying the surroundings.
Organization is essential to establishing a beautiful kitchen environment
Get rid of unneeded or underused items
Look through the junk drawer that everyone has in the kitchen.
- Throw out all of the loose items that you have forgotten about and never use.
- Stop throwing the take-out menus into the drawer; keep them sorted neatly in a folder.
- Use the drawer for only necessary things pertaining to the kitchen.
Sort through all of the kitchen drawers and cabinets.
It is time to clean out the cabinets and drawers of items that are hardly used. Most of your stuff will end up being items that have been long forgotten and not essential to the daily use of your kitchen.
Get rid of the extra peelers.
How many ice cream scoops do you need when you end up using a spoon to scoop the ice cream instead?
When was the last time you used the rolling pin?
How many plastic containers do you need for leftovers? There are great collapsible ones that can be bought now to save on space.
Attractive mixing spoons and spatulas can be organized on pretty hooks or in a vase on the counter.
- Donate items you do not need (when was the last time you used that electric carving knife?).
- Do not forget to recycle tossed items like plastic ware.
Better plan your drawers and cabinets.
After you have cleaned out the drawers and cabinets of the unnecessary clutter it is time to reevaluate if your kitchen and dining needs are stored in their best locations.
Everything should be in places that make the most sense.
- Cooking Utensils should be kept close to the stove area.
- Silverware is best by the dishwasher and sink to be able to easily be put away. The same with dishes and glasses; keep these over the sink and close to dishwasher.
- Dishes and glass ware can be place in behind glass doors to create an open and clean look.
- Mugs should be kept near the coffee maker.
- Put the blender in storage so you can take it out for parties.
- Keep the items used daily within easy reach.
- Party ware and less used appliances can be kept on the higher shelves.
Keep a clean countertop.
A clean and open counter space lends to a less stressful kitchen and leaves room for a vase of pretty flowers.
- Microwaves can be purchased to replace a fan over the stove.
- Appliance lift systemsare made to fit into under counter cabinets that will lift up a coffee maker, toaster, can opener, or blender for quick use and quick clean-up.
Make use of empty cabinet space.
- Use a lazy susan in a corner cabinet to get in full reach of everything.
- Add stacking shelves to organize storage space for containers and lids.
- Use a bucket or plastic basket to place the cleaning supplies into under the sink.
- Keep plastic grocery bags tidy by stuffing them into a dispenser under the sink.
Utilize all of the kitchen space.
- Pretty pots look attractive displayed so hang them on a pot rack from the ceiling or on an empty wall if you have the space.
- Attractive coffee mugs can add a decorative touch hanging on hooks under the upper cabinets.
You will find that when the kitchen is well organized and neat it will feel like a new, or at least a renewed, kitchen to you. Now you can get more adventurous; paint a fresh color and change the cabinetry hardware. Use Rust-Oleum Transformations to transform your existing cabinetry and countertops into an entire new kitchen.
Buy yourself some fresh flowers to display on the clean countertop. Add a nice scent and never be afraid to dance!
Show me your support and subscribe to this blog, sign in under email subscription at the top of the column on the blog’s right side.
Visit weberlifedesign.com for further inspired professional design advice!