The season of fall is here in full bloom of mums waiting to add lovely color to the Halloween and Thanksgiving holidays of the season. Beautiful mums look lovely sitting in their pots on porches and door steps as well as inside as centerpieces on tables. They will add the wonderful colors of fall adorning the fireplace hearth as well. These flowers are also perfect to use in a fun project crafting lovely pumpkin decor ready to dress up the decor in celebration of the jovial fall holidays.
Floral Pumpkin DIY Decor
For this Halloween have fun incorporating seasonal flowers into holiday décor by creating a floral pumpkin. Floral pumpkins are a stylish and spooky way to dress up the abode for Halloween. Make this into a fun family activity. When guests see your creations they will be dying to know how you made them.
Simply follow an easy tutorial in order to create your own beautiful floral pumpkin decor. With just some few easily acquired materials one can craft a create pumpkin designed from fresh mums to adorn the abode in celebration of the fall season and holiday entertainment.
- Small, medium or large floral Oasis brand spheres (can be purchased at your local craft store)
- Clippers or scissors
- Tub of cool water
- Brown paper bag
- Sewing pins
- 1 bunch Burgundy Mums, opened
- 1 bunch of Rust Mums, opened
- 1 bunch of Yellow Mums, opened
- Take the Oasis spheres specifically made for floral designing and soak the green floral spheres in cool water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- The lovely mums should be open, no closed buds, to make the most beautiful statement. Snip off the blooms leaving half an inch of stem.
- Pumpkins can be formed using one color or blending the colorful mums. Plunge the stem into the sphere and work your way around the ball until it the sphere is completely covered.
- Once the floral sphere is finished it is time to create a Pumpkin stem. Take a bit of a common brown paper bag and twist into a tight cylinder working one end quite tightly. Simply pin the “stem” to the top so that the pins are hidden beneath flowers.
- Now it is time to display the lovely creations for everyone to ooh and aah. Place your “pumpkins” on a dish or decorative platter. The flower pumpkins should stay looking fresh for three to four days.
Take pleasure in the fun creating and enjoying the seasonal beauty and amusement. Have the family join in crafting the beautiful floral decor or make it an evening of pleasurable crafting with friends adding some wine and cheese. Dress up tables, chests and hearths with the homemade floral embellished mum pumpkins.
Enjoy the fun of decorating for the Fall holidays of Halloween and Thanksgiving. Take a sip of some apple cider and never be afraid to dance!